Is remote management right for you?
Many HOAs can benefit and thrive with remote management, but remote management isn't for everyone.
Who is remote management designed for?
- Self-managed HOAs that need back office/accounting support and compliance assistance
- Pro-active HOAs with a Board of Directors that handles most maintenance needs on their own
- Communities with small budgets
- Single-family home communities with low maintenance needs
- Master associations that manage amenities
Who is remote management not designed for?
- HOAs that require onsite inspections and have high maintenance needs
- HOAs with a high volume of violations that require onsite inspections
Offering remote HOA/community management services throughout California
There is not a one-size fits all model that works for homeowner association/community association management. Remote HOA management is a great solution for many communities throughout California for a fraction of what full property management services cost. On average, remote management services costs about half of what you would traditionally pay for full-service management. Our experience has taught us that there is a large portion of the HOA community that doesn't need all the bells and whistles that full-service management offers. So why not just pay for what you need without all the fluff?
Our remote HOA/community management option is a cost-effective solution for those HOAs that just want to make sure things are done right, while also providing residents with the technology that supports homeowner/board member web portals, online payments, document management, escrow services, architectural requests processing, etc. that are typically only available with full-service management. We know that no community is the same and circumstances may arise that require a more personalized approach, which is why each of our remote HOA/community management packages comes with dedicated one-on-one time with a member of our team. Whether you need feedback on a proposed rule for your community or help understanding your reserve study, our team is here to help with your unique community needs.
What's the difference between remote management and full-service property management?
Our remote HOA/community management packages can be custom tailored to provide you with the services that you need so you don't have to pay for all the extras that are not right for your community. Our base level remote management provides the following:
- HOA accounting including:
- Homeowner assessment collection of payments (including multiple payment options for check, e-checks, ACH, credit card payments, and bill pay)
- Monthly assessment billing (via paper mail and electronic depending upon homeowner preference)
- Vendor invoice processing and payments
- Remote check approval
- Homeowner web portal which allows real time access to review their ledger and make payments
- HOA community calendar available via the homeowner web portal
- HOA document management available via the homeowner web portal
- Monthly financial packages including balance sheet, profit and loss, budget v. actual, cash flow, check register, reserve account transaction detail, general ledger, bank reconciliations, past due accounts and pre-paid accounts
- Escrow coordination for sales and refinancing through HomeWise
We also offer many add-on services such as:
- 1099 processing
- Budget preparation
- Reserve study coordination
- Financial review coordination
- Newsletter creation
- Tax preparation coordination
- Architectural request processing
- Violation processing
- Insurance renewal coordination
- Secretary of State statement of information filing
- Preparation and disbursement of community notices
- Delinquent assessment collection
- Amenity management
- Parking pass management
- Annual mailings
- Election packages/ballot mailings
The main difference between remote HOA management and full-service management is that the later includes property inspections, maintenance coordination and attendance at HOA meetings. We have found that many HOAs don't need full-service management, and that remote management, with the flexibility to incorporate some of the features of traditional full-service management, provides the level of service actually needed at a fraction of the cost.
What if we need a little extra support to address a community concern?
Remote management doesn't mean you are on your own. Each of our remote HOA/community management packages comes with dedicated one-on-one time with a member of our team. What does this mean? If you have a question, chances are, we can help. MMS has been in business since 2010 and our company is owned by a licensed California attorney. We know HOAs and can help guide your community in the right direction. Whether you have a question about the creation of a new rule for your community or help interpreting your reserve study, you can choose how you want to use the one-on-one time included in each remote management package.